|Samsung Galaxy A7 : courtesy GSMarena|
As a mid segment phone, I presumed Samsung Galaxy A7 to be a weak on performance though packed with all goodies. But an evening at Burj Khalifa changed the whole perspective.
First, seeing the Burj Khalifa upfront and close was a jaw dropping. With an elegant design disguising all its size, it appears like a needle piercing the sky. Many hobby photographers including my brother had gathered for the evening.
I too joined the click party and the Galaxy A7 camera performance was a pleasant surprise. The Burj turned out to be a good test subject as the ambient light available dropped along its height.
shots taken with Galaxy A7
That led to a relook pushing it to the limits. Summing up my user experience over the last 2 months,
- Gorgeous 1080p screen
- Better than expected camera performance. (to compare, Oneplus One camera was a disaster)
- Great battery life & no overheating issues
- Light weight and the metal body has a premium feel
- Has LTE, yet to try.
- Samsung apps and services eats up most of the 2GB RAM
- Still running Kitkat 4.4.4
- Touchwiz and basic apps feels cumbersome and outdated
- rear speaker makes it muted when lying over soft surfaces
Galaxy A7 is a very capable performer and a vfm deal at INR 26,000.
And it comes in Gold too!